The beauty of the BC is that you can make it as elaborate, or as simple as you like. It is an ideal platform for food experimentation. At base it is cereal, water and an egg (though it is possible
to make it with no eggs and a touch of flour instead). For super quick ones, just make the 'base model' - it is nice on its own, or spread on your favourite jam/spread thing.
- Frying pan (any size will work)
- Bowl or jug to mix it
- Fork, spoon, or other, for mixing
Extra ingredients used in this instalment of emergency breakfast-cake:
- Another egg (2 in total - now that's luxury)
- A sprinkle of herbs de provence
- A few slices of cheddar cheese
- Several cloves of garlic.
- A selection of condiments
Extra ingredients I have used in the past with good results:
- Sliced tomato, fresh basil and mozzarella;
- Broccoli and mushroom;
- Peanut butter, tomato and spinach;
- For a sweet one mixing in chopped apple, banana or other fruit works well;
- Crushed cashew nuts and cinnamon;
- Milk - for a delightful creamy breakfast cake;
- dessicated coconut flakes, ground almonds and fresh ginger pieces;
You get the idea. Almost anything goes here. Experiment away.