This is much safer than siphoning gasoline from your car, which I do not suggest you try. (no I didn't try it first :)
Step 1: Materials
- obviously fire wood ..haha
- bacon grease or cooking oil (used or new)
- some form of light fuel (alcohol, lighter fluid, hand sanitizer)
Step 2: Steps
- Stack your wood how you like. I started with a little dry wood stacked into a box shape. I dropped a piece of burning toilet paper into the center to light it.
- For large logs, don't waste time trying to cut them short, just lay the middle over the fire and let the fire do the work for you.
- Mix your grease/oil with about 1/2 ounce of hand sanitizer or other form of alcohol. I suggest using fresh cooking oil, if possible. The bacon grease and used oil work just as well, but they create dark smoke that really soaks the smell into your clothing. Don't worry about the smell attracting bears, if you cooked bacon for breakfast they are already there.
- Dip a small piece of toilet paper into the mixture and set aside.
- Pour half of your mixture onto your stack ready to be lit and the rest on the longer wet logs.
- Place the wet logs around your fire so that he heat will help dry them out a little
- Use the toilet paper to ignite your fire.