Step 1: Supplies
- 1 used woman's compact with mirror.
- 1 Very large sewing needle.
- 2 Strips of duct tape.
- 1 Small magnet.
- Scraps of fine sand paper.
- Strike anywhere matches with a strip from a match book cover for lighting them.
- Small strip of Wax paper.
- Morse code.
Step 2: Sandpaper
- Cut several strips of sandpaper to fill the small compartment in the front compartment of the compact.
- If you need more room remove the plastic insert and just fill the square part of the compact.
- Place the sand paper smooth side up for safety precautions.
Step 3: Magnet
- Cut the magnet the size you need to fill the 2ND compartment.
- Place it on the metal part of the compact.
Step 4: Matches
- Place the matches and a strip from an old matchbook (for lighting) over the sand paper.
- If you have room add more matches.
Step 5: Needle
- Wrap the needle in a small piece of wax paper and tape it to secure it.
- This is an easy way to find the needle if you drop it.
- Place the needle in the front of the matches.
Step 6: Duct Tape
- Tear off a small strip of wax paper and fold it a couple of times.
- Cut a couple of small strips of duct tape the length and width to go into the top of the compact.
- Stick the duct tape to the wax paper.
- Fold it to fit int the top of the compact lid and tape it with duct tape.
Step 7: Morse Code
- Print the Morse code sheet. Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code
- Trim off the excess paper of the Morse Code.
- Fold it to fit inside the bottom of the compact as shown.
- Close the lid.
Step 8: How to Use the Emergency Contents
- The mirror is used to attract attention or for a distress signal for Morse Code.
- The Morse Code of course to use with the mirror.
- Matches, and the strip from a matchbook cover for starting a fire.
- Sand paper can be used to filing a sharp point.
- If a person can find a liquid and a stick they can make a compass with the aide of the needle, and magnet.
- Duct tape can also be used for a small bandage or to make a small cup.
- Duct tape could be wrapped around the compact to make it water proof and tape more things to the top of the compact.
- Magnet is used to magnetize the needle for the compass.
What makes this nice is it is very compact and light weight to carry with you all the time.
Step 9: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
Thank you for visiting and please do have a splendorous day!