Introduction: Emergency Kit With Morse Code
Here is a pocket size emergency kit that can easily fit inside a small purse or pocket. We never know what might happen to us if we were to break down in our car or get lost on a camping trip. Using a woman's compact could save your life.
Step 1: Supplies
- 1 used woman's compact with mirror.
- 1 Very large sewing needle.
- 2 Strips of duct tape.
- 1 Small magnet.
- Scraps of fine sand paper.
- Strike anywhere matches with a strip from a match book cover for lighting them.
- Small strip of Wax paper.
- Morse code.
Step 2: Sandpaper
- Cut several strips of sandpaper to fill the small compartment in the front compartment of the compact.
- If you need more room remove the plastic insert and just fill the square part of the compact.
- Place the sand paper smooth side up for safety precautions.
Step 3: Magnet
- Cut the magnet the size you need to fill the 2ND compartment.
- Place it on the metal part of the compact.
Step 4: Matches
- Place the matches and a strip from an old matchbook (for lighting) over the sand paper.
- If you have room add more matches.
Step 5: Needle
- Wrap the needle in a small piece of wax paper and tape it to secure it.
- This is an easy way to find the needle if you drop it.
- Place the needle in the front of the matches.
Step 6: Duct Tape
- Tear off a small strip of wax paper and fold it a couple of times.
- Cut a couple of small strips of duct tape the length and width to go into the top of the compact.
- Stick the duct tape to the wax paper.
- Fold it to fit int the top of the compact lid and tape it with duct tape.
Step 7: Morse Code
- Print the Morse code sheet. Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code
- Trim off the excess paper of the Morse Code.
- Fold it to fit inside the bottom of the compact as shown.
- Close the lid.
Step 8: How to Use the Emergency Contents
- The mirror is used to attract attention or for a distress signal for Morse Code.
- The Morse Code of course to use with the mirror.
- Matches, and the strip from a matchbook cover for starting a fire.
- Sand paper can be used to filing a sharp point.
- If a person can find a liquid and a stick they can make a compass with the aide of the needle, and magnet.
- Duct tape can also be used for a small bandage or to make a small cup.
- Duct tape could be wrapped around the compact to make it water proof and tape more things to the top of the compact.
- Magnet is used to magnetize the needle for the compass.
What makes this nice is it is very compact and light weight to carry with you all the time.
Step 9: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
The chances of us getting lost in the woods or breaking down in our car with no way to get help is pretty slim. Most of us have cell phones in our cars so we have ways to get help. I am a person who likes to have a back up. This small compact would be a good thing to carry with us just in case.
Thank you for visiting and please do have a splendorous day!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.