Step 1: Supplies
- 1 used woman's compact with mirror.
- 1 Very large sewing needle.
- 2 Strips of duct tape.
- 1 Small magnet.
- Scraps of fine sand paper.
- Strike anywhere matches with a strip from a match book cover for lighting them.
- Small strip of Wax paper.
- Morse code.
Step 2: Sandpaper
- Cut several strips of sandpaper to fill the small compartment in the front compartment of the compact.
- If you need more room remove the plastic insert and just fill the square part of the compact.
- Place the sand paper smooth side up for safety precautions.
Step 3: Magnet
- Cut the magnet the size you need to fill the 2ND compartment.
- Place it on the metal part of the compact.
Step 4: Matches
- Place the matches and a strip from an old matchbook (for lighting) over the sand paper.
- If you have room add more matches.
Step 5: Needle
- Wrap the needle in a small piece of wax paper and tape it to secure it.
- This is an easy way to find the needle if you drop it.
- Place the needle in the front of the matches.
Step 6: Duct Tape
- Tear off a small strip of wax paper and fold it a couple of times.
- Cut a couple of small strips of duct tape the length and width to go into the top of the compact.
- Stick the duct tape to the wax paper.
- Fold it to fit int the top of the compact lid and tape it with duct tape.