Introduction: Emergency Whiskey Kit
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” – Mark Twain
Well said Mr Twain.
It’s the times that you don’t have any whiskey that you want it the most though! This emergency whisky kit will ensure that there’s always a little whiskey on hand. Included in the kit is a flask of good whiskey (life’s too short for the cheap stuff), a little cup, a knife (in case you feel the need to whittle) and a lighter. All the thing’s you’ll need to ensure you can enjoy a whiskey anywhere.
The kit is very simple to make and only takes a minimal of tools and skill. The end product though is very effective and would be fantastic as a gift for someone you know who loves a whiskey.
Step 1: Things to Gather
Step 2: Layout
The size of the hip flask you purchase will be determined by the size of the cigar case you get. Once you have all of the parts you’ll need to work out how everything will fit into the cigar case.
1. First cut out a piece of the foam so it fits snuggly into the cigar case. You don’t want it too tight as you will need to glue down some fabric later
2. Once you have the foam cut, you can use this as a template and decide where you are going to make the holes for the parts that go into the kit.
Step 3: Cutting the Foam
Once you have decided on a layout, you next have to cut out the foam.
1. Trace around the flask etc on the foam with a pencil
2. Next grab an exacto knife and Stanly knife and start to cut-out the area’s marked
3. When cutting the circle section out, take your time and use a small scaple type blade to cut away the foam.
3. Once you have cut-out all the sections, put the foam back into the cigar case and make sure that everything fits ok.
Tip - The knife and lighter that I used are quite thin. This meant that they both sunk too low into the foam and were hard to get out. To bring them up to the same level as the foam, I cut the foam that came out of the actual hole in half length ways and added this into the hole
Step 4: Gluing the Foam
Once you have cut out all of the shapes that you need, it's time to glue into place the foam
1. Add some all purpose glue to all around the foam.
2. Also add some glue to the corners to the cigar case as this will strengthen the box
3. Add the foam and let dry for 24 hours
4. Add the items back into the case and your done.