Introduction: Smiley Wall-Decor
In recent years, emojis have made the leap from phone keyboards out into the real world.
They can now be found everywhere from home decor, fashion to food, party decorations and hair accessories (just to name a few!). Unless you’ve been living underneath a rock, you’ll know that one thing is for sure – emoji are only becoming more and more popular as time goes on.
With this trend, I have planned to recycle all my old CD's to an awesome Wall-Decor
So let me help you to make one for yourself.
Step 1: You Will Need
- A pair of scissors
- Old CD
- A few color papers of your choice
- Sharpener (optional)
- Double sided tape
Step 2: #1 Mark * Cut * Glue
- Clean the CD with a piece of cloth, so that there is no residue on it.
- Take the CD and place it on the color paper, outline using pencil or markers and cut out the portion from the color paper.
- Then glue the CD and paste it over the CD (make sure you have even spread of glue while sticking them together).
- At last cut-out paper together.
Step 3: #2 Mark * Cut * Glue
Repeat these steps depending on the number of emoji you want.
Step 4: Few More
I needed four emoji's to make this instructable, so four different colors.
Step 5: Cut Some Emotions
- Decide on the design of your emoji and start drawing them on a piece of paper as shown in the picture.
- Once you are done with the drawing cut the necessary parts as shown in the picture.
Step 6: Smile * Wink
- We got to stick the cut-out emoji on to the CD.
- I have made for these emoji but you can do it for anyone which you like.
Step 7: Getting Them Altogether
- We are almost done with the decor, now it's time to decide the formation.
- After you decide, make sure they are stuck properly with proper positioning.
- Now add double sided tape on each of the CD and arrange them.
You can experiment with various formations :)
Step 8: Examples
These are few example on how to make different arrangements.
Step 9: Smiley's Are Done
And there you go, your Smiley Wall-Decor is done!
Go ahead and do this to give the fresh look to your walls.