The first picture shows the gap at the top front between the top piece and the front wood wall. As this needs top pivot outwards to start with and then inwards as the whole setup folds up, I couldnt put a piece of wood over this. I ended up using some scrap rubber from an old boot liner and screwed it down onto a flat piece of wood to stop water and weather coming in. Visible in Picture 2.
Picture 2 also has the weather proofing that I did for the fans, Its just half a plastic barrel that I had lying around, painted green with a cut out on the back side to let the fans vent. This should stop most of the weather from hitting the fans and causing lots of electrical nastyness! Picture 3 shows the back side of it. Its just sitting on top so that it can be pulled off to open the lid, then put back on top easily.
Handles are great! hence I put some on in a nice easy to acess spot that helps me to open the lid as shown in picture 4.
Picture 4 also shows some weather stripping that I put down, this is foam that comes in rolls with a sticky side to it. I just ran a line of it along where the wood comes close to the bricks. In theory it will help with the airflow and also reduce some noise.
Picture 5 shows the latch piece that I put on the front left corner, the box is going to hold a generator after all so I want to make it as hard to steal as possible.
Finally Picture 6, 7 and 8 show a magnetic door catch that I purchased to stop the wood bits falling on my head while I start the generator.