Introduction: End Table Covered With CDs and Corks
Do you want to update an old end table? How about covering it with old CDs and corks that you have lying around? Check out this project design that is easy to accomplish.
Step 1: Step 1: Supplies Needed to Complete the End Table.
CDs, various sizes
Loctite Super Glue
Step 2: Step 2: Putting Trim on End Table
This is optional, if the end table you are using already has edges you will not need to put on trim.
1. You can buy 3/4" trim at any hardware store.
2. Measure the space that you are going to cover on your end table.
3. Cut the trim pieces with table saw. These should be the length that you measured. (Wear safety glasses and be cautious of running the saw.)
4. Stain the trim pieces to match the color of your end table. This will take about 1/2 day to dry.
5. Once stain is dry, varnish the trim pieces. Allow to dry for about 1/2 day.
6. Use wood glue to attach the trim pieces to your end table. May have to use a clamp to help hold it until it dries.
Step 3: Step 3: Applying the CDs to the End Table.
1. Place small CDs along all the edges and one row in the middle of the end table. Once satisfied with the design glue CDs down with the Loctite Glue.
2. Apply the large CDs over the small CDs covering the entire area on the end table. Once satisfied with the design glue CDs down with the Loctite Glue.
3. Use the smaller CDs to fill in holes in the design. Once satisfied with the design glue CDs down with the Loctite Glue.
Step 4: Step 4: Applying Corks to the End Table.
The design is a herringbone design. (Locate the squares on first picture which will help show the horizontal and vertical corks)
1.Place one cork horizontal and another cork straight down. Going from left to right continue placing corks this way diagonally until you reach the edge of the end table. Glue down with "Mod Podge" as you are creating the design. Hold the corks down until the glue is set.
Step 5: Step 5: Storage
You can place a CD holder under the top shelf to store games or CDs. I am a gamer and I want to have a place to store my games next to my gaming chair.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.