Step 3: What really worked -Continued
For the length of the fabric, measure around the top of your bottle plus about 3/4 inch seam allowance for each side. I bleached a design on my denim just for fun, using Goosezilla's instructions, but that's not totally necessary. For the height of the purse for this size bottle(33.8 FL OZ) I would say measure about 3 1/2 inches of fabric plus seam allowance for the bottom, and leaving at least an extra inch and a half for the channel on the top. (Side note: if you are using a lighter denim, I don't know if I would try and pin fray it or not. Hemming might be a better choice. However, you will have to adjust the height of your fabric to compensate.)
So you have your bottle, you have your fabric all ready to go, now it's time to put it together. I sewed my fabric to fit around the top of the bottle. I put a little piece of ribbon in the seam to make a "tag".
I originally started to make a channel for the ribbon with the denim(See picture), but I ended up making a channel for the green ribbon out of another pink ribbon, so that's what I'll explain. I took a ribbon that was a little wider than the one that I wanted to use for the drawstring, and cut it the length of my fabric plus seam allowance, about 3/4 an inch for each side, an inch and 1/2 total. I sewed the seam allowance on the ends, folding it once, then once again so that the cut end is on the inside, then sewing it down. I sewed the ribbon along it's length with a zigzag type stitch on the top, so hopefully it would hold better, and a regular stitch on the bottom. I was hoping that when I pin frayed it, the pink ribbon would peek out a little and be attractive, and I think that worked pretty well. Pin fraying is just what it sounds like, using a pin to fray the edges. I used a big giant safety pin. I cut some of the longer threads off, but mostly left it as it was.
For the bottom, measure the ribbon same as for top. I sewed the green ribbon on right side down, so that when I flipped it over, the pretty green side would show(See picture 3). I also sewed a zigzag type stitch for the bottom too, as it turned out I pin-frayed that also.
Now comes the sewing-on fun part. I drew a little diagram on the stitch I used, sort of a blanket stitch. Honestly you could just stitch over the edge of the bottle, that would be OK. I was going to sew the ribbon down over the edge, but I ended up just gluing it instead, as it was way easier. I used Beacon's 3 in 1 advanced craft glue, but a 3 or 5 minute epoxy would work just as well if you can't find that glue, and it would probably stick better. And that's it!