Introduction: Espresso Soufflé
If you're like me you love a good coffee and are always looking for a new way of enjoying that little bean! This simple and delicious Souffle is a fun and slightly different way to do so!
Step 1: What You Will Need!
This recipe is for 1 serve, simply multiply it for more serves
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 shot of espresso (can use 1/2 tsp of instant coffee)
- 15g of butter
- 1.5 tbs of plain flour
- 1.5 tbs of caster sugar
- 1 large egg - separated
- 2 small saucepans
- 1 small Ramekin
- 1 small bowl
- Electric whisk
- Mixing spatula
- Assorted measuring cups etc
Step 2: Lets Get Cooking!
JUUUST before we do, a little preparation
Pre-heat your oven to 180C (NOT on fan-force)
Coat the inside of the ramekin with some extra melted butter
Step 3: Milk and Coffee!
- To start get your shot of espresso ready with what ever means you like! You'll need about 30ml
- After you do that heat the milk in a small saucepan on a medium heat until it starts to boil (make sure you continue to stir the whole time)
- Add the coffee to the milk and stir well
- Set the mixture aside to cool a bit
Step 4: Souffle Mixture
- Add the flour, butter, sugar to another saucepan and then stir in the coffee milk mixture
- Put the saucepan on a medium heat and combine the ingredients, stirring constantly
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for a minute
- Once the mixture has cooled a bit stir in the egg YOLK into the mixture
- Beat the egg white(s) with the electric whisk until they become stiff white peaks
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the mixture gently
Step 5: Pour the Mixture Into the Ramekin
Gently pour the mixture into the Ramekin make sure it doesn't fill up past the rim.
Bake the souffle in the pre-heated oven for about 35 mins or until set
Step 6: Enjoy!
Carefully take your Souffle out of the oven and serve immediately!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.