I wanted to make a timelaps video of the making of an infinity clock, (practice for the timelaps bookbinding) ,however the camera i used can use its battery faster than i can charge it.
it recorded until the point of getting the lights working, i only noticed it had stopped after the clock was complete.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- poundland clock (glass front is preferable to plastic)
- mirror sticky back plastic (fablon) wilko and hobbycraft sell it
- mirror window tint, halfords (or buy a sample from an ebay seller)
- small light source, i used the backlight leds from a lcd screen.
- power for the light source
- soldering iron
- wire cutters/strippers
- craft knife
- hole punch
- cloth to clean glass
- hot glue gun
- saw or something to cut plastic
Step 2: Led Lights
this is the sort of thing, i took a guess at 3volts being safe.
Step 3: Soldering and Diagram
video shows the tricky soldering bit. colour coded diagram shows how all the bits fit together
Step 4: Stuffing It All in the Box.
make sure the clock mechanism has got 12 in the right place, mine was a bit off so adjustments were made, took some photos whilst doing this as the initial video failed.