My recipe was based off of these amazing looking bars. I definitely suggest perusing RecipeCarr for more great recipes.
Warning: This dessert is not only decadent but very complex. Make sure to fully disclose to those consuming a list of ingredients for allergy issues and all that jazz.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Fritos (I crushed these up)
- Mini Reese's cups
- Mini chocolate chips
- Toasted almond slivers (which I toasted and crushed)
- Peanut butter chips (not in the photo since it was a late addition)
Step 2: Combine wet ingredients
Now for the pan I only had a 13" x 9" available so I chose to use it. Unfortunately this made the bars a bit thick and somewhat overwhelming. I suggest going following RecipeCarr's recommendation and using a 16" x 12" x 1" pan for thinner bars. Whichever pan you go with, make sure to grease it well.
Cream the butter and sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture.