The balls needed the company logo on them and it needed to be tough and resilient. With a base idea to use printable water slide decals I picked up at a hobby shop I ran some tests on a blank piece of leather and I found the right mix and technique to get them to work on leather.
Step 1: What you will need
Printable water slide decal kit (available at any Hobby Shop)
Water (2 bowls)
Water activated glue of your choice ( I used Gorilla glue, the fast cure type)
Computer, printer and photo editor of your choice.
Step 2: Prep your work
Step 3: Application
2. Thoroughly wet the leather down with water.
3. Apply a small dab of the Gorilla Glue where you want the logo and spread out with your finger to a thin layer dipping your finger in water to thin it out as much as possible.
4. Position and slide your decal into place. Work quickly
5. Blot off excess water and any glue from around decal. Work quickly.
6. Inspect the decal and work out any wrinkles or bubbles....again....work quickly.