As before, here's what you'll need:
- Some 3/4" plywood (subflooring grade) - $20-ish a 4x8 sheet
- Some 2x4s (or 2x6 or 2x8) for framing and such - $2-ish per 8'
- 2" (or so) wood/drywall screws
- 3/8" t-nuts (about 70 per sheet of plywood) - $0.15-ish a piece for galvinized
- 3/8" hex cap bolts
- Drill, hammer, saw
- Something soft to work as a crash-pad
- Beer...lots of beer
Step 1: Framing
Some things you might want for the framing:
- Nails and a hammer (we had a pneumatic nail gun - yay)
- Nail-plates - good for joining 2x4s
- Skillsaw or a handsaw and a lot of patience
- Tape measure, square
In the photos you can see how we framed out the invert. wall, extended the crack machine into the ceiling, and added an angled box to the roof. The angled box serves two purposes - it adds a great feature and it avoids the careful task of moving a gas line.