Introduction: Explosive Blowgun Darts
I will be showing you how I made some simple blowgun darts that make a loud noise and some smoke upon impact.
Video coming soon.
WARNING: THESE DARTS ARE DANGEROUS!!! DON'T UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHOOT THESE AT OR NEAR PEOPLE, ANIMALS, OR ANYTHING THAT MAY BREAK. TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Step 1: Gather Materials
You will not need very many things to make these darts. You will need....
-Caps. The kind that comes in circles of 8 or 12 caps.
-A rod. Should fit snugly inside the caps. About 2 inches long is good.
-Packing tape. Needs to be crisp plastic stuff.
-Blowgun. Mine is just a 1/2 inch aluminum tube.
Step 2: Prepare the Rod
1. Make sure the rods ends are flat. If they are not, flatten them with a file.
2. Cut some electrical tape so you have a section about 6 inches long and 1/4 inches wide.
3. Wrap the tape you cut around one end of the rod, as shown below.
Step 3: Make the Fletchings
1. Cut a square piece of packing tape about 2 inches by 2 inches.
2. Put a corner on the middle of the rod as shown.
3. Wrap the packing tape around the rod to make a cone.
4. Slide the dart into the blowgun until it stops.
5. Mark the packing tape cone where it stops and cut the rest of the cone off with scissors.
If this is confusing, look at the pictures.
Step 4: Add the Charge and Fire!
1. Cut the cap ring so all caps are separated.
2. Place the cap on the end of the dart.
3. Secure it with a little bit of tape.
4. Place dart in blowgun and fire! You should here a loud bang and see some smoke when the dart hits whatever you are firing at.