Thanks to everyone who voted for me in the Great Outdoors Contest!
Step 1: What You Need:
- A plant (I will go over what types of plants work best in the next step)
Step 2: Choosing the Plant
- Select a plant that receives a good amount of sun. The heat from the sun will speed the transpiration process.
- Choose a branch that has a large number of healthy leaves; give it a shake to dislodge any insects or debris that might be on the branch. Place your plastic bag over it. Tie it very tightly; you don't want any water vapor to escape during the process.
- Make sure that part of the bag hangs lower than the point where you tied the bag to the branch. Water will run collect there.
- You will want to have several bags up at once, since one branch doesn't provide enough water to live on.