Step 1: Materials Needed
5x5 piece of tarp (that doesn't allow air flow)
Coffee Can Lid
Jigsaw ( or other cutting utensil)
Step 3: How to Build It
2. Cut a hole in the plywood the size of the mouth of the leafblower.
3. Lay wood on the tarp and fold the edges onto it, make sure to leave some slack.
4. Staple the edges of the tarp down to the plywood, and duct tape the edges to minimize airflow.
5. Use the screws to attatch the coffe can lid to the bottom of the board in the center, holding the tarp down.
6. Cut 6 holes, 2" in diameter 6" from the center of the hovercraft.
Step 4: What worked, What didn't
Step 5: Physics Concepts
Some other concepts demonstrated are Newton's first, second, and third laws of motion, the Kinetic Gas Theory, and Pressure equilibrium.