Mexican Cheese-stuffed jalapenos and spicy Chorizo are tucked inside a savory Dutch Baby crust to create an extreme Quiche the French have probably never dreamed of. ;-)
Extreme Jalapeno Popper Pie isn't a recipe you can throw together in 5 minutes ... but I think you'll agree that food this delicious is definitely worth the extra effort.
Step 1: Shopping list and Tools:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz. Mexican Chorizo sausage
- 8 Jalapeno Peppers- medium
- 1/4 cup Red Peppers- any variety
- 6 oz Chihuahua cheese- (may substitute Monterey Jack)
- 8 oz Colby-Jack Cheese
- 1/2 plus 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow onion- chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- This pie is made with a savory Dutch Baby "pie crust". You'll need to use a #5 cast iron skillet -OR- a capacity-equivalent ironstone baking dish for peak results.
- An electric hand mixer.
- latex gloves to handle the jalapeno peppers.
- Potholders that withstand extreme heat.