This Instructable is a simple – practical – CONVERSION of two mini white
LED Key Ring Flashlights into two very bright and very colorful
"FLASHING RGB LED EARRINGS".
In the case of this Instructable.... A picture is worth a thousand words...
So - I have basically laid out the method of how to make this transformation in simple picture steps,
These colorful pictures are clear and concise illustrated instructions,
placed in order to follow like a User Manual.
Step 1: PROJECT PREVIEW
The image above is a preview of what the original mini white
LED Key Ring Flashlights look like as opposed to the resulting
"FLASHING" RGB LED EARRINGS.
Step 2: THE PARTS LIST
The original mini white LED FLASHLIGHT Key Rings - found on EBAY here:
The Flat Pad Clip On Earrings - found on EBAY here:
The 5mm - 2 pin - 7 color - Bright Flashing RGB LED bulbs (with internal IC chip) - found on EBAY here:
The white - flat back - Half Pearl Beads - found on EBAY here:
10 Extra CR2016 Lithium Coin Cell Batteries... - found on EBAY here:
Note: - (Qty 2 CR2016 batteries are included in each LED Key ring)
*** SUPER GLUE
*** Small Phillips Screwdriver
Step 3: The FLASHING RGB LED
Above is a picture of a 5 mm "FLASHING RGB LED " - the main component of the Earrings.
It flashes by using an Integrated Circuit that is built into the LED itself to produce
a pre-programed pattern of both slow and fast colorful flashes.
Step 4: LED Key Ring FLASHLIGHT Disassembly
The DISASSEMBLY of the LED Key Ring Flashlight shown above is quite simple.
(Click on the picture above to enlarge)
* Remove both Key Rings
* Remove the 4 Phillips Screws
* Take apart the front and back sections of the flashlight.
* Remove the 2 CR2016 Batteries
* Remove the white LED from the On-Off Switch
* Secure the On-Off Switch back into the hole of the front half inside section.
* Add a FLASHING RGB LED to the disassembled parts for the next step.
Step 5: The ASSEMBLING of the EARRING
Here are the steps to reassembling the parts to produce the EARRING.
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
* Secure the On-Off Switch in the hole of the FRONT HALF INSIDE SECTION.
* Insert the NEGATIVE pin of the RGB LED into the center of the switch.
* Place the 2 CR2016 batteries (+ve side up) over the RGB LED NEGATIVE pin.
* Bend the +ve RGB LED pin so it rests on the POSITIVE side of the battery.
* Replace the BACK HALF OUTER SECTION.
* Insert the TOP 2 Phillips Screws.
* Do not replace the lower 2 screws.
Step 6: GLUING and FINAL PRODUCT
All that's left is to super glue 2 pieces to the earring.
* Super Glue the PEARL HALF BEAD to the front - center of the earring.
* Super Glue the FLAT EARRING PAD to the top - back portion of the earring.
Repeat all these steps for the SECOND EARRING and you now have a
completed pair of " FLASHING RGB LED EARRINGS " ready to wear.
The Earrings can flash their colorful pattern by pressing down
on the PEARL BEAD in the center of the earring.
The Earrings can be “powered on” (TO WEAR)
with the tiny On-Off Switch just below the Pearl Bead.
“One Set” of Batteries with the earrings “ON” continuously
should last for several nightly social gatherings.