Introduction: FPGA Simon Clone
This is a basic simon clone/ Folower game that can be created on an FPGA.
Step 1: Obtain Necessary Materials
1. FPGA Board
5. Software: Digilent Adept
Step 2: Construct Modules
- 8-bit Counter (used as timer)
- binary to seven segment display converter
- Random Number generator (we used an LFSR ) (used to light up random LED
- 2-bit Comparator (used to check if user input matches LED flashed)
- Game over
- Binary to LED display
Use Display Final State Module, Check inputs FSM, and Game over FSM to link the above modules as shown in the diagram above
Step 3: Construct Led Display
Pace the led's in the breadboard so they correspond to the buttons on the FPGA. Use wires to connect breadboard to the ports on the FPGA. You may need some resistors so the LEDs don't get too much current and burn out..
Step 4: Map All Inputs and Output to Ports
- input to buttons
- reset to button
- game over message to seven segment display
Step 5: ENJOY THE GAME!!!
Congratulations! you crated a FPGA game. Enjoy this simple version of Simon.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.