This is great for small spaces like a dorm, or to put on a table as a centerpiece or on the mantle. And if you happen to have cats that stalk and nom on any and all plant life in their general area, this is a good way to have a tree without having it tipped over and ravaged.
This is an easy project - should take you no more than an hour!
This ible is day 5 of the Instructables Advent Calendar 2011!
Step 1: What you'll need!
- a foam cone (any size you want!)
- green felt (1/4 - 1/2 yard max)
- a straight stick that is an appropriate size for your cone
- glue OR straight pins for attaching fabric - I used pins
- flower pot
- bit of cardboard
- beans or rocks to fill pot
- fabric for making a small tree skirt
- something to make a star from
- lights for around the base
Step 2: Prep the pot!
Step 3: Insert stick into cone
Step 4: Final pot prep
Cut a hole in the middle of the larger cardboard disc just big enough to insert the stick.
Assemble everything to make sure it's a good fit. It the stick is a big too long, cut a little off. :)