Estee and Judd made this amazing headboard using Britex Fabric home decorating fabric. We love how they utilized our beautifully detailed sea creatures linen.
She said: “I am happy to report that the headboard project went extremely well and we absolutely love the sea creature fabric we chose! This project took us the entire weekend, but we had the headboard installed first thing Monday morning! Judd and I are both crafty and love working on home improvement projects. He had made some readymade-esque items for the kitchen and I have reupholstered some dining room chairs. Other than that, this is our first major project together.”
1. 4 ½ - 5 yards of 55” - 60” wide home decorating fabric
2. 25 - 11” by 15” wooden panels
3. 1 - 4’ by 5’ hardboard for the backing board
4. 1 - 4’ by 5’ piece of foam such as egg crate mattress pad
5. Staple gun and small staples to avoid sharp staples from poking through front of board
6. Glue such as Liquid Nails
7. 100 - ¼” screws (4 for each panel)
10. 2 – D-rings and D-hooks
Step 1: Cutting Fabric for Panels
Step 3: Wrap Panels
Step 4: Staple Fabric to Panels
Step 5: Arrange Panels
Step 6: Glue the Panels to the Board
Step 7: Walk Away for the Night
Step 8: Secure Things
Step 9: Accomplir!
9. Hang on the wall using two D-rings and D-hooks. Check for the studs in your wall when mounting the headboard, and mount on the studs.
Think of that octopus' garden beneath the sea and have sweet dreams!