Now I made this particular vest for my 1 year old daughter, but it can easily be replicated for an adult.
My inspiration for this post was an outfit for sale at Macy's with a cute little baby size fur vest for over $50, which is insane considering this vest cost less than $5 and took less than an hour to make!
Step 1: Materials
Faux Fur (any color) or real fur of choice
Lining fabric (any material)
sewing machine or needle and thread
For a child size vest I used less than a quarter a yard of fur and lining fabrics, so this vest cost me less than $5!
I would guesstimate 1/2 to 3/4 yard for an adult vest.
Step 2: Pattern
***I always pin the pattern together and try it on before cutting any fabric***
Use your pattern to cut out your faux fur pieces, when cutting make sure to leave a ¼ - ½ inch for seam allowance.
Step 3: Construction
2. Pin both faux fur and lining together with good slide of fabric facing in.
3. Sew around all edges, leave one 2 inch opening on top. See right/top of picture 7 and picture 8.
4. Turn vest inside out though 2 inch opening.
5. Sew opening closed by folding in fabric and sewing across.
6. Pin shoulders together fur facing in. And sew across.
Step 4: Grand Finale!
Or better yet, make another in a different color!