The piano in this Instructable was being used in my wife's Sunday School room, and one day I decided to try to make it a little more presentable. Please note that this piano wasn't a priceless antique -- it was just a cheap old beat-up piano. Although it functioned just fine, as you can see from the photos, it looked like it had suffered through a lot in its life.
Step 1: Materials and tools used
The materials and tools used were as follows:
- screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers (to remove the top, front, and bottom panel)
- orbital sander
- large vinyl tarp (to protect the floor)
- shop vacuum cleaner
- wood filler -- LOTS of wood filler!
- sandpaper (150 grit, 220 grit, 400 grit)
- oil based satin black paint
- masking tape
- old newspapers
I also had supervision......lot's of supervision as you can see in the photo!