As Thanksgiving approaches, you probably have turkey on your mind. We do, too! So, we created these super cute Turkey Lollipops, featuring Dum Dums. This easy fall craft is a perfect “Happy Thanksgiving” favor for your dinner guests, or for your child to share with friends.
Here’s what you’ll need for this Turkey Lollipop fall craft:
• White ribbon
• Hot Glue
• Dum Dums
• Googley Eyes
• Burlap (or light brown felt, if you can’t find burlap)
• Orange, red, yellow and green construction paper
Here’s how you make them:
1. Cut a piece of burlap into a 4” circle.
2. Cut a piece of brown ribbon approximately 10” long.
3. Center the Dum Dum into the burlap, and cover it. Then, tie the ribbon to secure it in place.
4. Pile up your construction paper, and cut out red, green, yellow and orange feathers.
5. Cut out little triangular noses from some orange construction paper and red “gobblers” from the red construction paper.
6. Finally, use your hot glue gun to attach the feathers in a fan shape behind the turkey’s head, and to attach the Googley eyes, orange nose and red “gobbler” to his face. Ta-da! You now have a Turkey Lollipop. Happy Thanksgiving!