Introduction: Fallout 3 Alien Blaster
This is the Alien Blaster from Fallout 3 Here's a list of the tools and materials I used to make this!
Band saw MDF
Vac form machine Greyfoam
Hand saw Leatherette
Knife Bi resin
lid off sun cream bottle
Step 1: Parts Made of MDF
I first printed out an AutoCad drawing of the Blaster that would roughly fit into my hand the first part I decided to make would be the trigger and the inner handle which is the first image you see. This Is just a piece of MDF I found in the workshop and I used A Band saw to cut the piece out. I then used a dremil to hollow out the piece for your trigger finger.
2. The second image is of the scope where I did the same as above with the same sheet of MDF. After I cut it out I then attached and sculpted some Milliput on the top of the MDF to make the scope.
3. The other to pictures are of the barrel of the gun where I used a lathe to get it to be perfectly round.
Step 2: Casing and Barrel
The casing was made in two halves that were made of gray foam and sanded it down using sand paper. Once I had the two halves finished and they fitted together I then put both pieces into the vac form to get a clean smooth look.
After that I I marked out where I had to cut out all the openings to slot in the buttons, dials and the handle using the Dremil. The buttons and dials were made using the lathe as well. Once all the holes were finished I attached the handle to the bottom of the casing and slotted a block of grey foam over that so I could then sand that into the finished handle. Once that was finished I put rings of milliput around it to make the grip.
The barrel was pertty straight forward I used the lathe to make to cylinders and a slightly larger piece that will be the top and bottom of the barrel. the top of the barrel has some extra details that you need a precision piece from your dremil kit to get that detail in.
I made the energy cell of the Alien blaster out of a sun creak lid and some hair gel then glued it to the back of the MDF dial.
Once all the pieces were made all I had to do was stick it all together, prime it and the paint it.