Introduction: Fallout 3 Food Lables
This Instructable will briefly go over the process I used to make these food Items from Fallout 3.
Step 1: What You'll Need
You will need
-Modge Podge (or the glue of your preference)
-Foam Brush / Paintbrush
-A small box of Jello (For Insta Mash)
-A Can of Something (I used corn (For Pork n' Beans))
-A Box of Mac and Cheese (Umm, for Mac and Cheese)
-Bottles of Coke (For Nuka Cola)
-The Labels Below
-Image Editing Software
But Where can I find X ?
- I got the Coke from the Hispanic Foods section of Smiths. It is Coke De Mexico
- Free Image editing software: IrfanViewThe Gimp
- I added a Sugar Bombs Label as per KneeCapHill's Request.
Since I tried to keep them printable on a standard printer it is in three pieces(front, top, and side). I also tried adding them as .pdfs which I don't know if that will help anyone or not. It's based on a 14oz (396 g) wheat chex box.
- added .pdf files of other labels per coppeis' request.
Step 2: Go to It
1. Measure the surface area of the Item you wish to apply the label to
2. Re-size the label in your image editor to be sure it fits.
3. Print out the label(s) you want to use.*
4. Cut out the Labels. **
5. For boxed items Fold along the lines
6. "Dry fit" the labels to be sure they are the right size
6. Apply a thin layer of Modge Podge / glue to the Item you are re-labeling.
7. Carefully line up the label BEFORE it touches the glued surface.
8. Work from the middle out to smooth the label into place.
9. Apply a thin layer of glue between any overlapping areas.
10. Brush a thin coat of glue to the outside of the label.
11. (Optional) After allowing to dry use Sand Paper to give the label a worn feel as well as look.
Click Here to see an Instructable on making Nuka Cola Quantum
I can't emphasize enough the use of THIN layers of glue. If you go and gob a bunch on there not only will it take for ever to dry but it will make you labels all wavy and bumpy looking. (which I suppose you could just blame on 200 years of lying around an irradiated wasteland)
I made all these label from scratch based on Info I found on the Fallout 3 Wiki.
* You will need 2 of the Blamco Mac and Cheese Labels to cover an entire box of Mac and Cheese.
** Look at the way your box is made. You want to cut out and glue down the Label in the same way.
As always "Share and Enjoy"
Mana_Fox made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.