Introduction: Fallout: New Vegas Ranger Armor Costume
Finalist in the
Halloween Photo Instructable Contest
I've been inactive for some time, and so here is my new project i've worked on it.
For everybody that played Fallout: New Vegas, this is the Actual In-game Ranger Combat Armor.
Sorry if this is just a slideshow, i don't have that much WIP pictures (work in progress), but if you guys want that i do a tutorial, feel free to ask and i will do my possible!
I used the following things to do it:
For the helmet: - M1 helmet liner (old us army)
- Fiberglass resin ( fiberglass cloth to reinforce the inside)
- Bodyfiller (Bondo)
- Gray and White Spray Paint
- Red Duotang for lenses, rubber pipe, 90 degree metal elbow
For the Armor: - EVA Foam ( Children mat that you can put together by pieces)
- Gray paint ( if your foam is gray, no need)
- White Paint (for the decals)
- For the straps to attach it to you, use a belt, 2 elastic straps and 2 belt buckles (Look at the pictures)
- 2 belts
For the arms pads: - small foam pieces
- some tape to attach it ( or anything else)
For the coat: - A brown Cowboy style duster ( or use a pattern like i did)
- White paint for decals
Also, i used that pepakura file made by Hugh to do the helmet: http://www.mediafire.com/?f3rldmn2bhfznr7
If any of you have a question, feel free to ask in the comment section and i will try my best to answer it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.