Introduction: Fast Mayonnaise in a Jar From Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
A quick way to make delicious real mayonnaise right in the jar
- Immersion Blender
- measuring spoons
- 1 pint canning jar
- olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Gather together all equipment and ingredients
- Crack the eggs into the canning jar
- Add salt as desired (around 1 tbsp)
- Add 1-2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Fill the jar to slightly below the collar with olive oil
- Plunge the tip of the immersion blender all the way to the bottom of the jar
- Run the blender at high speed while holding it against the bottom of the jar until a thick emulsion starts to form
- Slowly raise the blender tip upward making sure that the oil is combining with the emulsion
- Keep raising the tip, gently moving it up and down in small movements
- When the entire volume of oil is combined, plunge the tip down and up a few times to homogenize the mayonnaise
- Shake off any excess mayonnaise, using a rubber spatula if necessary, to transfer the last dollop of mayonnaise to the jar
- Screw the lid on the jar and refrigerate
hdmotorc made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.