Introduction: Fast Simple Tiny Vibrating Robot (No Soldering)
There are many designs out for vibrating robots. Here is our version of it that uses a custom laser cut piece of acrylic, but you can easy use a piece of cardboard from the end of a box to complete the frame. All the parts can be found around your house or can be purchased for very cheap. If you want to get all the parts including the custom acrylic frame as a low price kit, you can get them at our shop here.
Step 1: Gather Materials
Here is what you need:
1. (1) Small Vibrating motor
2. Heat shrink tubing (optional)
3. (1) 3V Coin Cell Battery (At least 85mAh)
4. (2) Paper clips (Cut for legs)
5. Double sided tape
6. Acrylic frame or thin piece of cardboard (30mm X 10mm with 2mm slots at both ends)
You will need either super glue or hot glue to bond the materials together. I prefer super glue.
Step 2: Put Frame Together
We used a piece of acrylic for this bot. You can easily use any type of material for this step. You will need to cut (2) paper clips in a U shape for your legs.
1. Insert the U shaped paper clip into the slots then clue. Make sure the glue is dry before you bend to shape the legs.
2. Make sure your legs are full secured before moving on. Touch the legs to make sure they do not move.
Step 3: Attach Motor and Battery
Motor to Frame
1. Attach your motor to the frame. We used some powerful 2 sided tape.
2. Make sure you attach one lead of the motor to contact the bottom part of the battery. We first made a S like shape and used the adhesive end to secure the motor lead to the battery.
Place the battery on top of the motor lead. You will use the other lead to connect it to the side of the battery. This will be your simple switch.
Step 4: Last Step
1.You can also add the heat shrink tubing the the bottom of the bot. It looks cool plus it can help from scratching surfaces.
2. Make sure you your bottom motor lead keeps a solid connection to the bottom of the battery.
REMEMBER YOU CAN ALWAYS GET THE COMPLETE KIT TO SAVE TIME!