Introduction: Faux Bugs in Resin
Paint plastic bugs to look real and then trap them in resin for an awesome paperweight or a terrific item for your curiosity cabinet!
Step 1: Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Glaze Coat Resin
DecoArt Metallic Lustres
Black Americana Acrylic Paint *Dries matte so it's the perfect paint for this project
Silicone molds *Got my mini cake molds at the dollar store
Step 3: Here's How
1. & 2. Paint the bugs in the black Americana Acrylic and let dry
3. & 4. Embellish the bug with DecoArt's Metallic Lustres *Mix colors like Brilliant Turquoise and Elegant Emerald
5. & 6. Mix a batch of Glaze Coat making sure to follow the instructions to a "T"
7. & 8. Pour the Glaze Coat into the molds and then pop the air bubbles with a small torch or long arm lighter
9. Place the bugs in face down, cover the filled molds and let cure overnight
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.