Step 1: PREP
- Copper colored hammered finish spray paint
- I wanted the varied surface that hammered paint has
- Light moss (green) colored spray paint
- for the patina
- Disassemble the power supply enclosure
- Remove any stickers and/or labels
- Lightly sand the enclosure
- Clean to remove dust
Step 2: COPPER BASE COLOR
I painted the inside only because I thought it would be visible through the air vent.
Step 3: PATINA
- Spray a fair amount of paint onto a sponge
- Lightly dab the sponge onto the project to reach the desired effect
- repeat until finished
Step 4: CONCLUSION
I like the way it turned out. Subtle Steampunk.
If I were to do it over, I would use less green to let of the copper color show. I would include some kind of staining around the screws, model builders call it weathering.
Use light blue instead of green for the patina effect.
Thank you for looking at this instructable.