Step 7: Pinning The Pieces Together
- Lay the felted wool right side facing you.
- Place the ribbing on the edge (see picture) and pin it in.
- The ribbing goes around 3 sides as not to have it on the bottom of the hat.
- Notice the raw edge of the ribbing is along the outer edge of the hat and the finished edge of the ribbing is facing the center of the hat.
- Next place the tie pieces on each end of the sides and pin it at the bottom edge on the side section as shown.
- Next lay the right side of the contrasting lining to the right side of the hat piece as shown.