Introduction: Making Felt Fast Balls With Kids
This workshop comes from "WEAVE! Weaving Europe: Artefacts, values & Exchanges" a European project, with the support of the Culture Programme (2007-2013) of the European Union. Textile, fibre and felt: it's a Smart Child's play: http://zigzagproject.eu
For children from 3 to 5 years old and their parents.
Step 1: What You'll Need
- 5 gr of carded wool
- hot water
- cold water soap ( Aleppo soap, if possible)
- 1 pc bubble wrap (30x30 cm)
- 1 cloth towel
Step 2: Drops of Soapy Water
Wet your hands with warm water, soap your hands, wet the wool with soapy water
Step 3: Roll the Ball
· Start rolling up the wool in the palms of your hands to make a ball
· Every now and then interrupt the rolling to rinse the ball under warm water, (warmth is essential to felting) , to remove any remaining soap
· squeeze it
· Continue the " rolling up action" until the ball will be hard
· Once completely felted, put the ball under cold water without interrupting the rolling movement with your hands
Step 4: Let Ball Dry and Let's Play!
Squeeze the ball again and let it dry: IT’S READY!