These one-biters are so cute! The filling can be whatever flavor you want . I opted for some Oreos that I had on hand for a quick recipe but if you have some actual gingerbread handy, use those. Hey, you can even use those sugar cookies that you haven‘t gotten around to decorate ;)
These gingerbread men are bite sized and so adorable to make. And best of all, it’s a no bake recipe. Have fun!
Step 1: Ingredients
- 4 oz. of softened cream cheese
- 8 Oreo cookies (or whatever cookie you’re using- note: prepare extras for those I’ll-just-try one-to-make-sure-they-taste-okay moments)
- chocolate- I used both dark chocolate and white chocolate. I used white chocolate to draw the gingerbread men’s faces but when I made these with shortbread bread cookies I used the dark chocolate over a white chocolate layer.
- Any other decorations you want- I had some slivered almonds that I pressed into the middle of some of the gingerbread men too. Some colorful sprinkles also make these look great too.
And that’s it for the ingredients! Very simple and easy-to-get too :)
Here’s the list of equipment, you need:
- A freezer :)
- A rolling pin
- A rubber spatula
- Cookie cutters- now I used gingerbread men, but change it up! Maybe cut out some Christmas tree truffles or Hanukkah candles?
- Toothpicks- the secret to those adorable faces on the gingerbread men (no clean up either!)
Got everything? Well let’s get started!
Step 2: Spliting the Oreos
Step 3: Scraping Off the Cream
Step 4: Crushing the Oreos
Step 5: Adding the Cream Cheese
Step 6: Mixing the Cream Cheese
I put it on a non-stick mat to help prevent sticking. If your “dough” is too sticky to work, crush up some more cookies and add them to the dough. You can even use it like flour to keep it from sticking to the surface.
Step 7: Rolling and Cutting
Start cookie-cutting! Try out all different shapes. Even the cut out dough looks cute :)
Step 8: Freezing and Decorate
Here I melted some chocolate. I have some white chocolate for decorations drawing their faces and dark chocolate for sophisticated flavors. I also prepared some almonds for some crunch. Experiment with sprinkles, frosting, cereal, marshmallows, and cookie crumbs.
Step 9: Decorating and Finish!
I used a toothpick to draw different faces and outfits for the gingerbread men with the white chocolate.
For a real chocolate covered truffle, dip the gingerbread men int0 the white chocolate and cover completely. Use a toothpick to wipe the excess off.
Wasn’t that fun? Once you’re done with all these simple steps, you will have some cute and yummy gingerbread men to feed your family (and yourself of course). It’s a great family treat and everyone can participate. And they taste great too. The crunchy chocolate mixed with the creamy cheesecake inside are a crowd pleaser. My family gobbles them up. :) Have fun with it and be creative!
Cute and adorable gingerbread men cheesecake truffles covered with chocolate are sure to please.
If you ever do make some, leave a comment and tell me all about it. Or better yet leave a picture :)
Happy Making and Happy Holidays!