These one-biters are so cute! The filling can be whatever flavor you want . I opted for some Oreos that I had on hand for a quick recipe but if you have some actual gingerbread handy, use those. Hey, you can even use those sugar cookies that you haven‘t gotten around to decorate ;)
These gingerbread men are bite sized and so adorable to make. And best of all, it’s a no bake recipe. Have fun!
Step 1: Ingredients
- 4 oz. of softened cream cheese
- 8 Oreo cookies (or whatever cookie you’re using- note: prepare extras for those I’ll-just-try one-to-make-sure-they-taste-okay moments)
- chocolate- I used both dark chocolate and white chocolate. I used white chocolate to draw the gingerbread men’s faces but when I made these with shortbread bread cookies I used the dark chocolate over a white chocolate layer.
- Any other decorations you want- I had some slivered almonds that I pressed into the middle of some of the gingerbread men too. Some colorful sprinkles also make these look great too.
And that’s it for the ingredients! Very simple and easy-to-get too :)
Here’s the list of equipment, you need:
- A freezer :)
- A rolling pin
- A rubber spatula
- Cookie cutters- now I used gingerbread men, but change it up! Maybe cut out some Christmas tree truffles or Hanukkah candles?
- Toothpicks- the secret to those adorable faces on the gingerbread men (no clean up either!)
Got everything? Well let’s get started!