Introduction: Festive Nursery Decoration
This is an easy project, which you can complete in a matter of hours while the baby sleeps. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Step 1: Materials
- cotton fabric
- bias binding
(is it really called that? - I'm from Copenhagen, so please excuse any weird words ...)
- two (wooden) rings (but they are not really necessary)
Step 2: Make Cardboard Triangle and Trace It
- create a triangle-shaped cardboard/paper template
(the one I made was 10 cm x 14,5 cm = 4 inches x ca. 6 inches)
- fold the fabric on the middle.
It's important that the reverse side is up
- place your triangle template on top of the fabric and trace it with something
- preferably a pen or a piece of chalk
- continue tracing until you have enough triangles
Step 3: Cut the Triangles
Cut out the triangles with a pair of scissors
Step 4: Sew the Triangels Together
Now you're hopefully ready to sew the triangles together like so:
- take two triangles and place them one on top of the other
- "back to back" or "reverse against reverse"
- sew the edges together
Step 5: Sew the Triangles and Bias Binding Together
Fold the bias binding on the middle (leave 10 cm/ 4 inches of bias binding in each end for attaching the rings) and put a triangle in the fold. Now - sew!
Repeat until there's only 10 cm/ 4 inches of bias binding left.
Remember to fold and sew the beginning and the end of the bias binding as well.
Step 6: Sew on the Rings
Now you just need to sew on the rings in each end.
Tadaaa! You did it! It's done!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.