This instructable shows you how you can make a fiber optic lamp flash it's lights to whatever music you plug in. If you have an Android device you can also control it with a wiimote. I was inspired by a product found here. Continue to the next step for a list of parts and have fun!
Step 1: Parts List
- Fiber Optic Lamp: Many Colors Available
- TIP31 NPN Transistor: Radioshack
- A bit of Wire
- Andoid Device
- 9v AC-DC Power Supply Adapter OR 9V battery+hookup: Adapter
- Power AC/DC Female Jack Connector Plug Adapter: Female Connector
- Soldering Iron
- Hot Glue Gun
- Round File
- Y-Cord Stereophone Splitter: Radioshack
Step 2: Assembly (Lamp)
Step 3: Assembly (Headphones)
Step 4: Assembly (Circuit)
Step 5: Finish Assembly
Step 6: Hook It Up!
- Connect the 9v power supply to the circuit.
- Connect the headphone output from the circuit to the first female headphone connector on the y-splitter
- Connect a speaker to the second female headphone connector on the y-splitter
- Connect the 3.5mm jack from the splitter to the music playing device
Step 7: Make It WIIMOTE CONTROLLED
First go to the play store and download two apps
- Wiimote Controller
- Music Wiimote
Press the button that says "Activate Music Controls". It will prompt to connect a Wiimote. Press "Yes".
When a white screen shows, press the button at the top that says "1. Init and Connect". You will then need to quickly press both the '1' and '2' buttons simultaneously on the Wiimote. The screen should now show that the Wiimote has connected. Press the back button on the android device. After you have done this you can exit the app and open your music player.
The Controls for the wiimote are the following:
Down-Back one song
Up-Forward one song