Introduction: Fig & Dates Barfi (Indian Sweet). Easy to Make.
Runner Up in the
The Contest Purple
So here I am, posting my first cooking iBle. It is an indian sweet/desert made using figs & dates and is know as Barfi (primarily because of its shape)
It is a very easy to make and delicious desert. Best part about this desert is that it has no added sugar and it is made using 100% natural ingredients.
Tempting :) ??? Lets get started.
Preparation Time : 3 Hours
Cooking Time : 20 Mins.
Servings: Around 15 (1 piece per person)
Step 1: Ingredients
- Dried Figs : 200gms (Around 1 1/2 to 2 Cup).
- Dates (Seeds removed or seedless): 180gms (Around 1 1/2).
- Pistachio : 30-40
- Almonds : 25-30
- Cashews: 25-30
- Ghee or unsalted butter (Less than 1/2 cup)
- Edible silver leaves.
- Lots of love (Love is essential to all my cookings :))
Key Kitchen tools and utensils :
- A deep frying non stick pan to cook.
- A flat square tray (glass or plastic).
- Spatula to spread.
- Mixer gridner
Lets start with preparation in next step :)
Step 2: Preparation
- Soak figs in water for about 2-3 hours.
- Finely chop almonds, pistachios and cashews.
- When the figs are soaked for 2 hours, chop the dates and soak them in hot water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain water from fig and make a puree in grinder, if required add water (you can use the same water in which figs were soaked).
- Drain water from dates, allow them to cool and make puree (add water if required.)
Hold your temptations :), just one more step to go.
Step 3: Cooking and Serving
Heat ghee in the frying pan (Image 1) and do as follows :
- Add figs puree
- Add dates puree
- Cook for 15 mins on medium flame stirring continuously or till the water is evaporated.(Image 2)
- Now add pistachios, almonds and cashews.(Image 3)
- Cook again for 15-20 mins on medium flame, as the mixture becomes gooey, notice that it will no longer stick to the frying pan walls. (Image 4)
- Grease the tray using ghee or butter.
- Transfer the mixture to the tray and spread evenly. (Image 5)
- Decorate with silver leaves. (Image 6)
- Allow it to cool. Once cooled, refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares using sharp knife. (Image 7)
- Serve (Image 8)
It was easy ..right :))
This Barfi can also be kept in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks for you to enjoy more and more.
If you have enjoyed this iBle, please vote for me in the Contest Purple. The vote button and this iBle in contest usually appears within 24 hours of publishing time, if you come back to vote, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks for stopping by. Please do share your feedback in the comments below.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.