In order to fight your enemy you must know your enemy! You could just
choose to avoid all of the hostile mobs in Minecraft, but you can get things from that that are either hard or impossible to get elsewhere. So, before you venture out at night or into the dark depths of the caves, read up on your enemy and be ready to fight!
Step 1: Weapons and Armor
If you are going to fight monsters, you need to be properly prepared.
- 1 Stick + 2 (Wood Planks | Gold Ingots | Cobblestone| Iron Ingots | Diamond) = 1 Sword
- 3 Sticks + 3 Pieces of String = 1 Bow
- 1 Stick + 1 Feather + 1 Piece of Flint = 4 Arrows
- 5 Ores (in an upside down "U") = Helmet
- 8 Ores (in all spots but top middle) = Chestplate
- 7 Ores (in large upside down "U") = Leggings
- 4 Ores (in two little columns) = Boots
Step 2: Creeper
Facts about Creepers:
- Does not spawn in the light like other hostile mobs, but can survive in daylight
- Is frightened off by Cats and Ocelots
- Fights by exploding when within close proximity to the player
- Will drop Gunpowder if it is killed (will not drop if it explodes)
- Will drop Music Discs if it is killed by a Skeleton
- Cannot walk over a rail on flat ground
Fighting a Creeper:
- The best way to approach fighting a creeper is to hit it and back away. If you don't back up far enough fast enough, it will explode. If you back away far enough fast enough, it will not explode and will head towards you again giving you another opportunity to hit and kill it.
- A safer way of engaging a Creeper is with a Bow and Arrow. Since you can only trigger a Creeper by being close to it, it won't blow up when shot with an arrow.
- If a Creeper is in an area you do not want it to blow up in, lead it away specifically to water as possible as it won't cause damage in open water.