Introduction: Figure 8 Knot With Loop/Bight
How to create a Figure 8 knot with a loop (bight). There are a number of guides and videos on Instructables and the web, but they were all fairly difficult to follow. This Instructable is designed to break the process into smaller steps and to make it easier to follow visually.
2. Duct tape
3. Black marker (to darken part of the paracord to make it easier to follow the looping process)
Step 1: Loop Paracord
1. Use the marker to darken about 10 inches of the paracord.
2. Create loop in the paracord with the loop on the right.
3. Round the loop at the point where the black and orange meet.
Step 2: Duct Tape Ends
- Duct tape the loop end on the right.
- Duct tape the loose end (black paracord) to the orange paracord.
- The duct tape is designed to make it easier to see the looping process.
Step 3: Loop End
- Loop end of paracord to left over the other piece of duct tape.
Step 4: Pass Under Paracord
- Pass the end of the paracord under the 2nd piece of duct tape.
- The end of the paracord should be on your left side.
Step 5: Pass Through Loop
- Take the end of the paracord and start to push it through the loop.
- Start to tighten the knot.
Step 6: Pull Tight
- Pull the knot tight.
- Remove the duct tape from the loop.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.