This Instructable shows you how to make a Zat Gun from Stargate. The only thing is that this won't stun anybody, and it doesn't fire that neat blue lightning bolt. Instead it works by igniting a flammable gas in an enclosed space. This enclosed space is the inside of a film canister.
If you hurt anything or blow your eye out it isn't my fault.
Step 1: Get Your Stuff
Here is a list of the materials you need:
- Piezoelectric quartz igniter. I will show you how to get this from a cheep lighter.
- PVC. I used a 1/2 inch diameter chunk about 20 inches long.
- PVC end cap. This is for the end mount.
- 1/2 inch PVC end cap. This is for the but end of the 1/2 inch pipe.
- Speaker wire. I used about 18 inches of solid speaker wire.
- Electricians tape. You need lots, the more the merrier.
- Shrink Tubing.
- Several film canisters and one film canister lid.
- Sand. For bending the PVC.
Here are the tools you will need:
- Soldering Iron.
- Hot Air Gun. For the shrink tubing, matches will work also.
- Gas Stove or Bunsen Burner. For bending the PVC.
- Screwdriver. For gutting the lighter.
- Wire Strippers/Cutters.
- Hack Saw. For cutting PVC
- Drill. For drilling out the larger PVC end cap.
- Epoxy. For gluing on the larger end cap.