Now you need to get the igniter. This is the most important part. Thankfully this part is easy to get. Almost all lighter will work, just make sure that the lighter is not one that uses a flint striker. Now all lighters are built a little different but here is how I took mine apart.
- Slip the round black ring up the metal tube.
- Unscrew any screws that you can find. My lighter has two but some only have one.
- Cut the sticker along the joint between the two haves. Some lighters don't have a sticker here.
- Break the two halves apart, and pick up all the pieces that fly all over the house.
Now you should have the following:
- Igniter. This is the part we want.
- Butane tank and hose. Save this it might be useful for something.
- Everything else is trash.
You should wrap electricians tape around the center of the igniter for reinforcement.