Pictured from top left: Speaker wire, Fishing line, Electrical tape, Feathers, 3v batteries, 3v LEDs.
Not pictured: Scissors, super glue, pliers.
2. Bend the negative (short) lead on an LED back as shown
3. Attach the long (positive) lead to the positive side of one of the batteries. Cut a three foot length of fishing line, and secure both to the positive side of the battery.
4. Cut two feet of speaker wire, strip it, and get one strand. Coil the strand a few times around the handle of your pliers. Make sure to leave some extra on the end.
5. Insert the other end of the wire into the feather, and secure with a drop of super glue.
6. Attach the coil side of the wire to the negative side of the battery, and be sure that the negative lead on the LED is inside the coil
7. Make any final adjustments to be sure the coil will hit the lead and place in a location of your choosing. As the wind blows the feathers will move and cause the LED to twinkle.