- Computer fans (2), $2.99 each, Newegg.com
- Fan noise dampeners, $1.99 for a pack of two, Newegg.com
- AC adapter / power supply, input 120V AC, output 12V 500ma, Model TEAD-41-120500U, $2.99, eBay.com
- Panel-mount stereo 3/32" submini phone jack, $2.99, Radioshack.com
- Steel sheet, 26 gauge, 12"*12". You can find this near the roofing and sheathing materials at Home Depot but basically any sheet that you can cut will work.
- Soldering iron
- Work bench
- Drill and a drillbit slightly larger than the threaded part of the phone jack
- Ruler and pen
Step 1: Mark fan screw positions
Step 2: Draw circles
Step 3: Cut fan holes
At this point you can also cut the metal sheet to the correct width. It only needs to be as wide as the two fans.