Have you ever been in situation, where you needed fire but you weren't able to start it properly? Well I will show you, how to make this little useful thing, which can be made as well in forrest if you have the right things. In fact it's not a fireSTARTer but it's more a firebooster, because you will need matches or lighter for lighting it up. But once it's ignited, it can start a huge fire a can burn for a long time with a big flame!
Step 1: Things You Will Need
For making this firestarter you will need:
- Old newspapers
- Wooden skewer
Step 2: Making
Making this little helper is really easy and quick. It can be done better at home with using a glue, but I chose the way you could make it in the nature :)
So let's make one!
- Cut a piece of skewer (you may want it smaller so it could fit into your survival kit!)
- Then rip a newspapers to long and wide stripes
- Wrap the stick with the paper
- After that just wrap it with the thread and tighten it.
- In the end just give it a wax bath!
And you now are ready for any adventure! :)
Step 3: Burn It!
I also made a few photos of how it burns so you could see it in action :) But it would be better not to waste it and keep it for the right situation :D
I hope you like this instructable and that you find it helpful. I'll be glad for comments!