Step 1: What do you need ?
You need :
1. black bags (4-6 pcs)
2. flip-flops (I'm using my "FAKE CROCS" from Primark for �3 GBP)
(If you are going to buy some, buy bigger one. At least one number or two bigger. I'll explain latter...)
3. some strings (I took it from my old shoes)
4. duct tape
There are other 2 tools, I didn't take the picture, but I used them:
6. long tweezers
7. red "stick" for holding the string
Step 2: The top of the black bags
1. put the duct tape around the top of the black bag. By TOP I mean that part of the black bag, that has the hole :) See picture 1.
2. you should bend the tape on half to create something like tunnel ... (for the string.) picture 2.
3. put another duct tape over the tunnel you just created so, that half of the duct tape touches the tunnel and half the black bag.
The reason, why I created the tunnel is for the string, that will hold the black bags on your legs. If you would just bend the end of the black bag and put tape over it ... the string (by pulling) could damage the bag - and it would not hold together.
1. lets make a hole, in the tunnel, so you can get the string inside. (picture 1.)
2. Then just get the string inside (picture 2-3)
3. You should end up with something like this :) (picture 4.)
The second (secret item) are the tweezers. I used them when I lost the string in the tunnel just before the end - so I just pull it out by using tweezers (not on the pictures).
Don't you think, I look fashionable ???
Some facts :
1. use two, or three bags for one leg - one seems to be very weak.
2. the reason, why you should buy a bigger size of the "fake crocs" is = so that your foot will fit inside.
When I used mine, I had socks on my foot.
3. you should have socks, to avoid sweat and not to get cold. Remember, that water makes you colder 10x faster then air. So two pairs of socks would be really good idea.
You can buy the plastic bags, that have already string inside. You spare your self a lot of "tricky" work with the duct tape and string :)
And the best solutions would be, to put the black bags on your wellies (Wellingtons) and make it secure with duct tape. But why to buy them, if you can make them :)