Step 1: Tools & Materials
These are the tools you'll need:
Saber saw or band saw or even a coping saw in a pinch.
Battery drill with philips screwdriver bit or just a philips head screwdriver
Tape measure or ruler
Pencil or pen to mark with
This is the list of material:
(1) 5 gallon bucket
(1) piece of plywood at least 12"x12" square
(1) piece of 3/4"x1-1/2" (1x2) batten board at least 24" long
(6) 1-1/4" screws
Seat pad at least the size of the seat (I used an old gardening knee pad)
Paint if desired
Step 2: Making the Seat Top
1. Turn the bucket upside down on the plywood and trace the outline of the bucket.
2. Used the saber was to cut along the line to shape the seat.
3. Sand the edges if required to make the edges smooth.