Introduction: Fishnet Fringe From Plastic Bags
Made out of pulled plastic bag strips
Step 1: You Will Need...
1 pair of scissors
3 Black plastic bags (liquor store bags)
1 large pin-able surface (I used a dress form)
1 Box of pins
Step 2: Cut the Bag
1. Cut the fused bottom off of the bag.
2. Cut the handles off too!
3. Cut the bag long ways into about 1 inch strips. Don't worry too much about straight lines. You won't see it when you finish.
Step 3: Pull! Pull! Pull!
1. Pull the strip until skinny and whiny looking.
2. Then do it again.
3. And again.
Step 4: Tie Knots and Pin Two In. Apart
1. Choose four strands of relatively equal lengths
2. Tie them together in a loop knot at the top.
3. Pin across the should line two inch apart.
Step 5: Start to Net the Strands
1. Place A Pin In The Middle Of The Line Of Pins
2. Use two strands from two of the first line to tie two knots around the middle pin of the next line.
3. Then repeat
4. When you get to the bottom of the armhole, add four knotted strands to connect the back to the front.
Step 6: Repeat Step 5 in Front
Connect three more strand groups to the shoulder seam groups, facing the front and repeat step 5
Step 7: Join Front and Back at Shoulder Seam
1. Trim the rough edges of the strand groups at the shoulders
2. Use half of a group strand to tie the front and the back together
3. Use the second pin to tie another knot, then repeat the above step.
4. Continue through the back and on to the other side.
Step 8: Trim the Ends
Trim off the uneven edges of the fringe to make the hem as even as possible.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.