The Way of the Innertube - aka - How to fix a flat tire with your shoelace
When it comes to fixing a flat tire I suggest first contemplating your philosophy towards life. The theory of the flat tire is simple, the reality can be maddening to the unprepared. Yet, there are many paths to your goal. In this article I hope to guide your journey and help you to learn The Way.
This article is a complete guide to flat tire repair for anyone from the beginners to experts. There is no 'one size fits all' method here, instead I have brought together a wide range of best practices and some ideas to help you decide what is best for you. Even if you already know how to fix a flat, there is much here for you:
- How to fix a flat tire - the standard method - videos
- How to fix a flat tire - with only a smile
- Understanding how flats happen on real bikes, not brand new $3,000 bikes.
- How to remove a tire without levers
- How to patch a tire without patches
- How to inflate a tire without a pump
- How to check tire pressure without a gauge
- How to fix a rim without rim tape
This article is sponsored by Momentum Magazine and MonkeyLectric. An edited version of the article appears in Momentum Issue 49