Introduction: Fix the Dell OLOD (Orange Light of Death)
If you have a Dell pc that won't turn on, Chances are that you have a power supply problem. Most of the time the power light will be flashing
Step By Step:
(Disconnect all cables, Inc the power)
1. Open the case of your Dell Pc
2. On the power supply box (top right) find the GREEN wire
(The green wire will almost always be the power switch on all Pc's)
3. Cut it at around the middle
4. Strip Both Ends
5.Find a long enough piece of wire that will reach to the front of the pc
6. Solder the GREEN wires back together but putting your seperate peice of wire inbetween them
7. Tidy them up with zip ties and shrink tubing (Electrical Tape if not)
8. Plug the power cable into the pc
9. Hold the wire onto the chassis of the pc
10. If the fans start at full speed, press the power button and let the wire off
11. your pc should be running as normal.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.